Monday, November 29, 2010

Commercial deconstruction

The advertisement I chose to deconstrut was a 30 second video advertisement from Verizon Wireless. It is a back to school sale ad. It relates to my life because I have a Verizon phone and use their services every day.

I chose this particular commercial to deconstruct because I can relate to the commercial. For example, both of my parents use text massaging to communicate with me and my family. And in the advertisement it shows a couple parents using their phones in a very intense manner and it is making their kids angry.

This commercial uses the "Bandwagon" type of persuasion technique. This particular ad uses this technique to help lure people in to using Verison services. They show a family that is very engrossed in the product in a way that will hopefully make you think it will help you very much if you buy their product. The people in the advertisement use the products very intensely to help persuade you to buy them because they seem to be very neccesary in you're life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14CKzskjn4s

No comments:

Post a Comment